- A TOUR OF MUST-VISIT ATTRACTIONS IN VIETNAM
- Article Written by : Mr. Tuan Anh NGUYEN ASEAN-Korea Weblog Correspondent, Vietnam Logo of tourism: Vietnam-timeless charm Photo credit: vn-tourism.com Vietnam is a land of scenic beauty, from its lush terraced fields, magnificent forests, spectacular mountains stretching endlessly in the north, to picturesque valleys of highlands, fertile plains, and beautiful beaches in the south. Moreover, it is a city where modern and traditional features are in harmony. Let us hit the road to ten of the most attractive places in Vietnam. 1. Da Lat Da Lat, is a city of thousands of pine trees and a town of fanciful and magical ...
- July 30, 2014 0 ASEAN Correspondents > Viet Nam
- A Small Country with a Number of Languages
- Article Written by : Ms. NUR DIYANA BINTI MUHAMMAD HASRIN ASEAN-Korea Weblog Correspondent, Brunei Darussalam No one probably expected that such a small country as Brunei would have more than seven languages. These languages are mostly ethnical languages, consisting of Brunei Malay, Kedayan, Belait, Tutong, Dusun, Bisaya and Murut. These seven languages are considered and filed as Brunei’s major languages under official philosophy of Brunei called the MIB, which stands for Melayu Islam Beraja (Malay Islamic Monarchy). While it is true that the Malay language, or Bahasa Melayu, is the official language of Brunei, th...
- July 30, 2014 0 ASEAN Correspondents > Brunei Darussalam
- Savannakhet – The Heaven Land in Central Laos (2)
- Article Written by : Ms. PALIYA HONGSA ASEAN-Korea Weblog Correspondent, Lao PDR Welcome back to the Savannakhet trip, the land which means heaven. Our next destination is Wat Nong Lam Chanh. Inside the gates of Wat Nong Lam Chanh are two prayer halls side by side, and the main hall is constructed entirely out of wood (apart from its roof). The designs are generally ancient, while the shrine hall has a more modern touch with its brick and concrete construction. Next to the front entrance of the shrine hall are two statues of Buddha, each with a hole piercing through the heart. Past the prayer halls, small shrines, ...
- July 24, 2014 0 ASEAN Correspondents > Lao PDR
- ASEAN-KOREA MULTIMEDIA COMPETITION 2014
- Objectives To provide a platform for cultural exchanges among Korean and ASEAN youths through multimedia, such as photography, video, and new media tools. Organized by - Organized by: ASEAN-Korea Centre - Supported by: ASEAN Committee for Culture & Information(ASEAN COCI) ASEAN University Network Theme - Lifestyle of ASEAN (i.e. craftsmanship, food, architecture, travel, culture and other elements of the daily life) * 10 ASEAN Member States: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines,Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam Areas of Competition Photography, Video, New Media Competition Timeline - 23 May – 20 July 2014: Announcement of competition, Submission of artworks - Mid August 2014: Announcement of the final 11 winners and finalize list of invited winners - January – February 2015: Awards ceremony and exhibitions (Seoul & local cities) Eligibility - Individuals or teams of students, graduates, and artists under age 30 from 10 ASEAN Member States and Korea (Please be informed that teams will be considered as ONE entrant) How to Submit Online Application via web hard Submission Fee None Rules for Submission - Size: Above 300dpi, high quality, video files should be no longer than 5 minutes - Any type of digital multimedia files up to 3 artworks per entrant Selection Procedure - Evaluation: Organizing committee’s advisory board will carefully review and evaluate all entries and select the winners. Awards 1. ASEAN Winners or Winning Teams: USD300 per entrant / 4 day trip to Korea to attend the opening of exhibition and awards ceremony. (round trip airfare and accommodation will be provided), visit to related organizations 2. Korean Winners or Winning Teams: USD300per entrant / 4 day trip to one of the 10 ASEAN member countries. (Round trip airfare and accommodation will be provided, further details will be provided at a later date) 3. Invitation to the opening of the exhibition and awards ceremony. Exhibition Award winners will be provided a chance to exhibit their artworks in Seoul and local art galleries. Other notifications 1. Rights of the submitted artworks belong to the artists, while the rights of the winning artworks will be owned by the ASEAN-Korea Centre. 2. Any cases of plagiarism of other people’s art work will result in the cancellation of any award won by the individual. 3. All digitally submitted files will be printed and discarded in Korea after the exhibition
- June 17, 2014 1
- Recruitment for the 6th ASEAN-Korea Weblog Correspondents
- 6th Weblog Application <-Download File!
- February 12, 2014 0
- If you'd prefer to relocate completel...
- July 30, 2014 all my sons moving and storage dallas texas
- I think the admin of this site is act...
- July 30, 2014 Annetta
- Thank you for your article about my h...
- July 30, 2014 Khau Vai
- Hmm it seems like your blog ate my fi...
- July 29, 2014 Laurie
- Excellent article. Keep posting such ...
- July 29, 2014 water pump seal