- Jasmine Lee: A Pearl in the Land of the Morning Calm
- Article Written by : Ms. Kishishita Kaye DARIA ASEAN-Korea Weblog Correspondent, Philippines Not so long ago, the Korean politics was shaken with the arrival of the first foreign-born citizen to the National Assembly. Jasmine Lee, a naturalized Korean of a Filipino decent was elected as a proportional representative in South Korea’s National Assembly last April 2012. She has made history in South Korea as the first Filipina and non-ethnic Korean to become a lawmaker. Jasmine Villanueva Bacurnay was born in Davao, Philippines. Lee, raised by a well-off and loving family, was a medical student at a prestigious privat...
- April 14, 2014 0 ASEAN Correspondents > Philippines
- “Are Filipinos Multi-Lingual?”
- Article Written by : Ms. Kishishita Kaye DARIA ASEAN-Korea Weblog Correspondent, Philippines Besides being asked how tall I am (I am very short), one of the most common questions I often get is if everyone in the Philippines speak English. It’s a pretty tricky question to be honest. I actually don’t know how to answer it without giving a not-so-brief orientation of the Filipino language that comes automatically with a short lecture about our history. If you have heard of or read about the Philippines’ history, you will see that our 7,107-island archipelago is a very diverse, rich country when it comes to heritage a...
- April 11, 2014 0 ASEAN Correspondents > Philippines
- Co Loa Festival – a historical vestige and a joyful event
- Article Written by : Mr. Tuan Anh NGUYEN ASEAN-Korea Weblog Correspondent, Vietnam This year, I had a great opportunity to visit Korean folk village in an outdoor activity in the 4th ASEAN-KOREA Frontier Forum (AKFF). I still remember the images resided in my mind as I was there. All has made me to comprehend a long historical period of Korea from ancient to contemporary time. Also, the village brings about the good memories that I had in my childhood in one of the most ancient villages of Vietnam, Co Loa. Co Loa, a village located in Dong Anh (a district of Hanoi, Viet Nam) is the ancient capital of Vietnam in the...
- April 10, 2014 0 ASEAN Correspondents > Viet Nam
- Recruitment for the 6th ASEAN-Korea Weblog Correspondents
- 6th Weblog Application <-Download File!
- February 12, 2014 0
- Recruitment for the 5th ASEAN-Korea Weblog Correspondents
- 5th weblog application <- Download File!
- August 9, 2013 1
- I have been browsing online greater t...
- April 16, 2014 pedicure kits for women
- Your method of describing everything ...
- April 14, 2014 Sang
- Hello to all, as I am really eager of...
- April 13, 2014 ถุงยาง
- I have been browsing online more than...
- April 4, 2014 menangkap
- It's going to be ending of mine day, ...
- April 4, 2014 Joeann